A higher standard of dress encourages greater respect for individual students and others and results in a
higher standard of behavior. Our dress code guidelines indicate appropriate school dress for normal school
days. AcadeMir Charter School Middle reserves the right to interpret these guidelines and/or make changes
during the school year. Students are expected to follow these guidelines with support from their
parents/guardians. All students shall wear a school uniform daily.
The following is the uniform policy that is endorsed by the school. Students are required to follow this policy,
and failure to do so will result in administrative action.
- All uniforms must be purchased at the designated store. No other uniform is allowed.
- All students are required to wear straight cut, full length grey pants. These pants may not have cargo
pockets, unusual tailoring and/or labels, may not be manufactured from jean material and must be fitted to the
student correctly. Pants that are too big or too tight, frayed, torn, or distressed are not acceptable and will be
deemed in violation of the uniform code.
- Hoodies are not allowed.
- Belts must be worn at all times; these belts must be plain, black leather belts and fastened securely at waist
level. Pants must be worn at waist level. Loose or low pants will not be tolerated.
- Shirts must be white polo shirts, bearing the AcadeMir logo. No other shirt colors or styles are permitted. All
shirts must be correctly tucked into pants at all times and secured in place with the belt. Shirts must be long
enough to be tucked in. A maximum of one (1) button may be left unfastened at the top of any shirt.
- School vest is mandatory.
- During cooler weather, a plain white long sleeved t-shirt may be worn underneath polo shirts.
- Non-school sweaters can only be solid navy blue. No lettering on the sweater. Any student who is found to
be in violation of this policy will have to call home for a replacement.
- Shoes must be closed, solid black and black laces must be worn and fastened tightly at all times. No other
colors or stripes/logos may be on the shoes.
- Socks must be plain white or black and are to be worn at mid-ankle length.
- Hair must be neat, clean, and away from the face. It must not be dyed with unnatural colors, worn unusually
or maintained in unacceptable condition. No hats, bandanas or headbands may be worn.
------CLEAR BOOKBAGS ARE MANDATORY-------
Please refer to the AcadeMir Parent Handbook for more details